Sorry for the late comeback...

I didn't want to break all the old links, so I left the parsing
algorithm as it is. I was able to reduce the lines of code thanks to
some more efficient features in 1.2 anyway, so that's alright. :o)

There's one thing I wonder about though. The URLs used in the app can
be either:
/:controller/:action/:id
for things like /events/edit/<id>,

or they're:
/:controller/:random/:params
for things like /events/in/<area>/concerts.

The latter ones are all routed through to $EventsController->index(),
where the URL parsing magique happens.
Right now I'm doing this by specifying these routes:

Router::connect('/events/add', array('controller' => 'events',
'action' => 'add'));
Router::connect('/events/edit/*', array('controller' => 'events',
'action' => 'edit'));
Router::connect('/events/show/*', array('controller' => 'events',
'action' => 'show'));
Router::connect('/events/*', array('controller' => 'events', 'action'

Is there a way to consolidate these rules somehow? Basically,
everything that is not an actual action in my EventsController should
be send to the index() method. Will I have to override the error
handling class to do that?

Chrs,
Dav