I don't know what your application flow looks like and what needs to
be invoked in which order.
You usually want to keep it simple though and only work within one
action during a sinlge request.

function methodA() {
        $this->data = $this->__processData();
}

function __processData() {
        /* magic dust */
        return $data;
}

processData() in this case would only process data, it only does its
one thing and shouldn't be accessible as an action to the user. If
this doesn't fit your bill and you want your data processing method to
be user accessible, but (maybe conditionally) display the resulting
data in another view, do this:

function methodB() {
        /* magic dust */
        $this->data = $resultOfMagicDust;
        $this->render('methodA');
}

This will invoke the view that is usually invoked automatically for
methodA(). If the data you're sending to the view (in $this->data or
via $this->set()) has the same structure as what methodA would
produce, you can easily re-use it to display your methodB data.

Hope that helps...