http://book.cakephp.org/view/347/Marking-N...ontent-in-Views

In the link above they've got a cached page, but still within the
<cake:nocache> tags they access a variable called $newProducts. How is
that possible? I've been trying to use the $this->set([...]) function
in the action, beforeFilter and in the __construct, but none of them
worked. Neither the action im caching or beforeFilter would run. Why
putting it in the construct didnt work I dont know.

So how do you send data to a nocache tag within a cached page?

I also wonder if it's possible to keep a cache for a whole day without
it being updated, even though new posts and updates occur in the
database. According to:

http://book.cakephp.org/view/348/Clearing-the-Cache

the cache is cleared for this. I don't want it to be.