Why do you need to set Security::setHash('sha1') in beforeFilter() function
?

CakePHP use sha1 as default encryption.

Meanwhile, you can use this In login form :

$this->Auth->password($this->data['User']['password']) <-- automatically
using sha1 with salt.

But if you want CakePHP use no .salt. at all, edit : app/config/core.php

Just comment the following line :

//Configure::write('Security.salt',
'78bc27f1b49f17f5c3392e728f789bad78dbeb77');

Okto.Silaban.Net