I'm not really sure, but I think :
$this->Auth->loginRedirect

doesn't tell we're we gonna go after logging in..

But, if we're acessing an area which not allowed by Auth, we will sent to
that page.. (if you're not login yet..).

So I set that in beforeFilter :

function beforeFilter() {
  $this->Auth->loginRedirect = array('controller' => 'controller_name',
'action' => 'index');
   $this->Auth->autoRedirect = FALSE; // so after logging in we're not auto
redirected
}

then manually set

function login() {