On 18 Sep 2008, at 21:50, 703designs wrote:

> I got funny preg_match errors

Show us your $validate rules then or go through them with a fine comb.

> $this->Contact->set('$this->data);

I hope this is not copy&pasted as it's invalid PHP.

> This controller's 'add' method just sends out emails
> and flashes a message to the homepage. What do I need to do for the
> form to point to this method, but for validation errors to show up on
> the form (repopulating fields)?

What view is your form in then? The add action will automatically try
to render the add view, naturally. If this is not where your form is,
override it with $this->render();

http://book.cakephp.org/view/428/render