You need another associaton where a Group hasOne (or belongsTo) a
Student "aliased" as the leader.

For example:
var $hasOne = array(
    'Leader' => array(
        'className'    => 'Student'
    )
);

Sometimes I prefer to think in terms of a Group having a leader but
the database design may be more smooth using belongsTo relationship
because of where the foreign key goes. In this case hasOne results in
a Student only ever being able to be the leader of one group. Some
very driven Student may want to be the leader of two or three groups,
right? Putting the fk in Group and using belongsTo you would avoid
this problem but possible create some new ones.