I believe that CakePHP can handle big/huge websites, but using the
Mozilla Add-ons as an example is not a trully example. Why? Mozilla
add-ons uses a very modified version of Cake 1.1, if you dont believe
me, check app_model of it. Also, I think it uses Zend too. So, there
HAS to be a better example than that.

Cheers,
mbavio