Thank you for answer.

On 23 sep, 00:42, teknoid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> $this->Manufacturer->id = $id;
>
> you can also save() the data without doing a set() first, i.e. $this-
>
> >Manufacturer->save($this->data);

This doesn't work either in my model-controller given in the previous
posts. I can't figure where is the mistake, but I've have tested the
following:

- Set $this->Manufacturer->id = $id
- Set $this->data['Manufacturer']['id'] = $id and invoke $this-
>Manufacturer->save($this->data)

With both alternatives, the mysql error of duplicate key appears and
the query performed is an INSERT one.

Regards.