Hello guys,
I'm having a strange behavior from cakePHP, which i'll try to explain. I
have the following scenario:

- I have two environments: one is my local machine (actually, two machines
for developing), where i actually do the development, and the second one is
the server where i send the application. Both are the same, except that the
server i have Linux running, and one development machine runs windows XP and
the other runs Linux;
- My database and all its tables are set up to charset UTF-8. They are the
same in the server and in the development machines;
- I have some table fields filled with accented characters;

Now, the problem is:
In the development machines, when i try to edit a record in any table, and
this record is accented in any part, it's ok, no big deal. But, in the
server, if i try to edit this same record, the fields which have an accented
character is not filled in the form. It's just blank!

Things i have checked:
- I already checked the HTML source, and the "value" is empty.
- In the controller, after reading the record to edit, i write the
$this->data to a log file, and the records with accented characters are
there.
- If i set a variable like "$this->set('tmpClient', $this->data);" and echo
the $tmpClient in the view, i can see the fields which have accented
characters.

Well, i'm still searching for a solution for this problem, but if anybody
have a clue, i would love to hear it!!!

Let me know if i didn't make myself clear!

Best regards,
Luiz Poleto