Ok, I did some research and discovered the following:

On my local system I have a query like this:  (as seen in the query
overview delivered by CakePHP when running in debugmode 2)

"SELECT `Post`.`id`, `Post`.`title`, `Post`.`content`,
`Post`.`created`, `Post`.`modified`, `Post`.`user_id`,
`Post`.`category_id`, `User`.`id`, `User`.`username`,
`User`.`password`, `User`.`emailaddress`, `User`.`created`,
`User`.`last_login`, `User`.`active`, `User`.`is_admin`,
`Category`.`id`, `Category`.`name` FROM `posts` AS `Post` LEFT JOIN
`users` AS `User` ON (`Post`.`user_id` = `User`.`id`) LEFT JOIN
`categories` AS `Category` ON (`Post`.`category_id` = `Category`.`id`)
WHERE 1 = 1 ORDER BY `Post`.`created` desc LIMIT 10"

On the online webserver, the exact same query looks like this:

"SELECT `Post`.`id`, `Post`.`title`, `Post`.`content`,
`Post`.`created`, `Post`.`modified`, `Post`.`user_id`,
`Post`.`category_id` FROM `posts` AS `Post` WHERE 1 = 1 ORDER BY
`Post`.`created` desc LIMIT 10"

This problem occurs even when I deleted the cache. Somebody an idea
how this is possible? Why would CakePHP decide to not fetch relative
data? Is there a way to eventually force this?

Below I posted the code, but I think nothing is wrong with that. It's
as simple as it can be.

Code in 'post' model:
        // Relaties
        var $belongsTo = array('User','Category');
        var $hasMany = array(
                'Comment' => array(
                        'className' => 'Comment',#
                        'foreignKey' => 'node_id',
                        'conditions' => 'contenttype_id = 1',
                        'order' => 'Comment.created DESC'
                 )
        );

Code in 'posts' controller:
                $posts = $this->paginate('Post');
                $this->set(compact('posts'));

Example code from view:
                <?php echo $html->link($post['User']['username'], '/
users/view/'.$post['User']['username']); ?> als <?php echo $html-
>link($post['Category']['name'], '/categories/view/'.$post['Category']