On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:10 PM, Zoltan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [..snip..]
>
> The settings I'm using are:
>
> function send( $subject = 'General', $msg ){
>        $this->Email->from    = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]';
>        $this->Email->to      = 'Zoltan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>';
>        $this->Email->subject = $subject;
>        $this->Email->replyTo = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]';
>
> /* SMTP Options */
>  $this->Email->smtpOptions = array(
>        'host' => 'smtp.googlemail.com',
>        'username'=> '[EMAIL PROTECTED],
>        'password'=> 'PASSWORD';
>
> /* Set delivery method */
> $this->Email->delivery = 'smtp';
> /* Do not pass any args to send() */
> $this->Email->send($msg);
>

> I've tried these with other smtp accounts with no problems, but with
> Google the connection just seems to hang with a server time-out.
>
> Anyone have any luck with Google's server?

Hi,

I believe you need to use SSL with Google's mail server (not a plaintext
port 25 connection). I don't think the built-in email component supports SSL
so you might want to check out the SwiftMailer component (pay attention to
the $smtpType variable):

http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/improved-swiftmailer-component

- Gonzalo