I'm currently attempting to integrate logins within my cakephp 1.2 app
and logins for phpBB (using the project at
http://cakeforge.org/projects/cakephpbb/
)... the integration itself has all gone splendedly, and I can log in
to both my site and the forum through cake without any problems.

My issue is that the forum software lives in app/webroot/phpBB, and
when I send people to mydomain.com/phpBB, any time they click on a
link on the forum, it takes them to mydomain.com/app/webroot/phpBB/
whatever_they_clicked_on.php.  The same thing happens if I put to
whole mess in an iframe rendered by a view.  Eventually, it manages to
break out of the iframe and I end up with app/webroot/phpBB/ as the
URL again.  It all functions correctly, but I'd really love to clean
up that URL and get rid of the app/webroot part.

I've tried playing with both the routes.php file and mod-rewrite in
the .htaccess, but haven't had much luck.  It's a little beyond my
current skill level.  Any ideas would be appreciated.