I found this thread in the group:
http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php/browse_thread/thread/cf73faa906a7265d/844a8cfc17aadf36?hl=en&lnk=st&q=Cannot+inherit+from+undefined+class+appcontroller#844a8cfc17aadf36

It does not appear to have a resolution. 2-1/2 years later, I am
having the same issue while working through the AclComponent tutorial
with the following code.

/blog/app/app_controller.php:
class AppController extends Controller {
        var $components = array('Auth','Acl');

        function beforeFilter() {
                //Configure AuthComponent
                $this->Auth->authorize = 'actions';
                $this->Auth->loginAction = array('controller' => 'users',
'action'
=> 'login');
                $this->Auth->logoutRedirect = array('controller' => 'users',
'action' => 'login');
                $this->Auth->loginRedirect = array('controller' => 'posts',
'action'

I get the subject error when I try to access the group index action.
Is there something obvious that I am doing wrong?

rogwei