Setup: Categories HABTM Tags ... and consequently Tags HABTM
Categories .. join table: categories_tags.

I've got the forms setup working for both ways: Categories has a list
of Tags; and Tags has a list of Categories.

Unfortunately, since the way to update one or the other is to do a
complete DELETE on the corresponding foreign key, then add anything
that's new. So if I go and create a Category and select a bunch of
Tags ... then I go into one of the Tags and edit something in there,
it wipes 'em all and adds 'em (as expected), but information is lost.

Now, if I add an `id` on the `categories_tags` table, then everything
that needs to be is retained; however, since it's still doing a DELETE
then INSERT, my `id` goes up every time I do save an edit ... thus
possibly resulting in a really high `id`.

So I guess there's no way around it. doh!!

(This is mostly an info blurb for any other newbies who are confused).