On Oct 7, 6:10 am, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am sure the docs do not contain the recent changes yet.
>
> My Model-tests work with fixtures. Here is a mini-example. Maybe you
> can see some detail that you have done differently.
>
> in phone.test.php
>
> App::import('Model', 'Phone');
>
> class PhoneTest extends Phone {
>     var $name = 'PhoneTest';
>     var $useDbConfig = 'test_suite';
>
> }
>
> class PhoneTestCase extends CakeTestCase {
>     var $fixtures = array( 'app.phone_test' );
>
>     function testStorage() {
>         $this->PhoneTest =& new PhoneTest();
>
>         $all = $this->PhoneTest->findAll();
>
>         $this->assertEqual(4, count($all));
>     }
>
> }

Actually, you can now instantiate your test models using
ClassRegistry::init('NameOfModel'); no need to riddle your tests with
fake Model classes, whose only purpose is to link model associations
and use a different database configuration. Your complete code snippet
above can be reduced to:

class PhoneTestCase extends CakeTestCase {
     var $fixtures = array( 'app.phone_test' );

    function testStorage() {
         $this->PhoneTest =& ClassRegistry::init('PhoneTest');