It was indeed a very good idea.

I created a Calendar controller and a Results controller to hande both
events/games and results of these events/games.
In each controller, I created the proper action to generate the
elements that are included in the home page.

Now I need to do the entire page for events/games and results. I
*would like* to use the same controllers I made, but I am totally
clueless on how to paginate different models within a controller.

Or would it be easier (if possible at all) have a custom SQL query
that will fetch both games and events ordered by date, even if games
and events dont have the same data at all (except for date).

Thanks a ton =)