When i use redirect from an ajax request the ajax.ctp is not rendered.

I try calling setFlash with growl  layout but doesn't work.

I have a content div in my webpage. When i submit the form i save the
data, then set a Flash message and redirect to the index.
The index is loaded in the content div, but the message is not shown.
If i put some debug comments like echo "debugging" on the ajax.ctp
layout theses comments are not printed.
So i suspect that the view is not rendering the layout properly.

any idea ?