I have not done exactly that but I have done the same type of thing
with my own Flash-applications and even a java-applet

You have the view for the page displaying the chart. All this does is
embed the chart and create the link to the chart xml.
>From the sample.html it would be altering the FlashVars line like
this:
'FlashVars', 'library_path=charts_library&xml_source=/controller/
xmloutput/id',

Flash does not care about the extension so you shouldn't even have to
do any trickery at all. And on the web the client can never really
know if it is getting Cake of a physical file. As long at you generate
that url dynamically so it can contain an id or other identifier you
can re-use the same actions as normal.

Then of-course you have the action outputting your xml which is where
you direct "xml_source" to look. Just make sure this action does not
output any nonsense (debug = 0) and you should be good to go. You may
have to set the headers to xml but I don't think so.

Hope some of this was useful.
/Martin