Maybe you should look into what a framework is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_application_framework

"A web application framework [...] aims to alleviate the overhead
associated with common activities used in Web development. For
example, many frameworks provide libraries for database access,
templating frameworks and session management, and often promote code
reuse."

I.e. it takes the nitty gritty detail work you usually have to do over
and over again away from you (to a certain degree), provides a basic
structure for your app from the get-go, and cures cancer.