Hi,

I added a comment in the Bakery to the CSS Menu Helper page here:
http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/css-menu-helper

Here is a duplicate of my comment:

#begin comment
4 gap between parent and child breaks menu
In IE and Opera, there is a small but visible gap between the parent
li and the child li that breaks the menu functionality. For some
reason, Firefox renders the parent and child li elements without the
gap, so you can move the mouse easily from one to the other without
the child li elements disappearing. Obviously, the gap translates to a
mouseout event which removes the child li elements. With some effort
(in IE and Opera), I can move the mouse quickly enough but not too
far, so that I am able to mouseover the child element before the
mouseout on the parent is handled. That's all beside the point. The
real question is what is causing the gap and how to get rid of it. I
am using the css_menu.css as is. Fwiw, here is my helper function call
echo $cssMenu->menu(array('Activities'=> array('Add'=> $this->base.'/
activities/add','List'=> $this->base.'/activities/index')),'down');
#end comment

I haven't gotten a reply. Has anyone else noticed this behavior or can
suggest a fix? Thanks much.