Thanks for your suggestions.
I will flesh out the parts about converting configurations and the
form/html changes.
I will also try to look at the other things suggested... validation is
next on my list of things to look at. Something I left out of the
original application to a large extent.

The file on my server will see an update every day or so for a while
longer. Then I'll post it to the bakery. (The bakery is not well
suited for writing "incremental" articles.)

Thanks again.
/Martin