Hi,

I am new to CakePHP.

I have been following along in a tutorial and got to bake.

I understand I can use bake to generate models, views, controllers for
example.

In this instance I had already contructed a model and was using bake
to create a controller.

My model looked like the following:

class Product extends AppModel {
        public $name = 'Product';
        public $belongsTo = array('Dealer' => array('className'  =>
'Dealer',
'foreignKey' => 'dealer_id')
                                                          );
}

In the end, I changed the references to public to var and bake worked
like a champ.

I would prefer to write (and have written via bake) all code to be
PHP5.

How to I configure things such that all code generated by bake and any
other "magic" is PHP5 compliant?

Thank you in advance.