This is getting quite confusing/frustrating ...

If I use 'contain' it's the equivalent of using 'unbind' (on the fly)
on everything not listed in 'contain' (as described in the Cookbook);
however, if I use 'contain', it seems to actually execute an extra
query to get that corresponding information, regardless of association
type.

For example, list of members with countries (belongsTo), provinces
(belongsTo), plus a whole bunch of other stuff: webpages, interests,
etc.

If I'm doing a listing, I just want name, country, and province, so I
can either do unbind on everything I don't need, or use 'contain' on
the things I do need .... 'contain' is the logical choice.
The resulting query does a LEFT JOIN on countries and provinces just
fine, but it ALSO does an extra query for every single country_id and
province_id to get the name. So on a big long list I'm getting quite a
few extra database hits.

Is this supposed to do this? Because it goes against the Cookbook's
comment of "Using Containable will help you cut down on needless wear
and tear on your database".

(This gets slightly worse once I go a level deeper.)