Hi,

I am not sure if I got your question right, but if I did you might be
ok doing the following:

Create an email hash key like Jon Bennett suggested, when the user
comes back to your site take

make the user go to a url on your site where you can check the hashed
value, then send the user to another page, in that page check if the
referer ($this->refefer()) was the page the user visited originally
via the email link, only send the user to this page is the hash key
validates.

That should work....

Hope it helps

Cheers