On Nov 10, 9:16 pm, validkeys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well first, it sounds like you want to create a component
>
> Class NavComponent extends Object {}
>
> It sounds like from your message that all 3 navs are on the same page,
> you just want to be able to control the links that are in each. Am I
> right?

That's correct.

> 3. Populate each array with their respective items
> <?php
>         $nav_1[] = array(
>                         'title' => 'Home',
>                         'controller' => 'pages',
>                         'action' => 'display',
>                         'id' => 1
>                 )
> ?>

Wouldn't the array be populated by a query on the model? I know it's
not the proper syntax, but in pseudo-code:

$primary_nav = find ( nav_menu_items where nav_menu = 'primary nav
id' );

Thanks for your help. I'll dig more into this now that I have a
starting point and that may answer some of my follow on questions.  I
really am _that_ new to Cake so I'm kind of making this up as I go
along. :-)