Thank you for your hint. I tried your suggestion. Unfortunately
there's no difference in the output i see. Anymore i see a really
blank page. No error or any other response. The answer from the server
is not even a html page.

So i comment the following line of the controller example, to see what
went wrong:

[code]
Configure::write('debug',0); // Otherwise we cannot use this method
while developing
[/code]

The error i see then is:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 19456 bytes) in /opt/lampp/htdocs/fegverwaltung/app/vendors/
tcpdf/tcpdf.php on line 6925

Any hints why that happens?

draikin