If it's *only* a question of obscurity in order to clean up the interface,
you could hide them using CSS and avoid a bunch of logic in the view to
determine what should be output. Just add a class to the body (or nav div,
etc) based on the user group. Then, lay out some style rules to hide certain
links for certain groups.

Of course, you'd need to set an ID on each link. And this method would
probably demand some upkeep. Unless you used Cake to output that particular
bit of CSS ...