On Nov 18, 1:33 pm, acoustic_overdrive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> The example I gave was just a quick way of demonstrating. I know it
> works fine with only one app called 'app', but what if you do want
> more than one?
>
> I was just browsing the source for dispatcher::baseUrl() and see that
> it used to be aware of the value of APP_DIR but now assumes it to be
> 'app': <https://trac.cakephp.org/changeset?new=trunk%2Fcake%2F1.2.x.x
> %2Fcake%2Fdispatcher.php%407690&old=trunk%2Fcake%2F1.2.x.x%2Fcake
> %2Fdispatcher.php%404241>

You are still missing the point.

let's assume you have localhost pointing to /var/www

and you have
/var/www
   app
   app2
   app3
   cake
   vendors
   .htaccess <- untouched
   index.php <- untouched

assuming standard routes

localhost/ will point at
  app/pagescontroller/display/home
localhost/app2/ will point at
  app2/pagescontroller/display/home
localhost/app3/ will point at
  app3/pagescontroller/display/home

Each app is self contained and each app will generate links to its own
root.

AD