If you have both id's you should just save directly in to the join
table.

$data['ColoursProduct']['product_id'] = 1;
$data['ColoursProduct']['colour_id'] = 2;

$this->Product->ColoursProduct->save($data);

Note, the join table model is auto-created for you... I have a few
other posts that describe that in more detail.