Ok, i'm new here. i'm new with CakePHP and even PHP itself. I've only
done basic CRUD (create, read, update delete) using the cakephp blog
tutorial.

I'm overwhelmed with the vast number of sites and forums that I dont
know where to start looking for the answers to my question. So, i'm
posting it here. Hope you can help me out.

What i understand from CakePHP is that every page needs to have a
model and a controller and a database table of the same name.

eg.
database table: users
controller: users_controller.php
model: user.php
views: users folder

all the pages i've done have the basic add edit delete view pages in
them.

now i want to do a search page. it would perform querying based on
categories found on different tables of the database.

question now is, how do i start with it? do i create a new set of
"reports" model, views, controller, and database table?