I originally posted this question in the CakePHP documentation but
have moved it here for further discussion....

1 - Modify acceptable mime types?

What is the best way to add an mime type to the 'acceptable' mime
types list? I haven't been able to find anything aside from editing
cake\libs\view\media.php, which I do not want to do for obvious
reasons. Extending the MediaView class also seems a little excessive
just to add one mime type.

I am trying to add xlsx download support (application/
vnd.openxmlformats)

Thanks!