Hi all,

I am still a newbie to CakePHP and have given myself a huge test by
recoding one of my clients large active applications as my first
CakePHP project.

This application allows my client (a national homeless charity) to
offer a management system to its regional affiliated Schemes. The
Schemes can log all referrals they get into one database and run off
their own reports, but the national charity can then produce stats
giving a national perspective.

The Charity gets restricted access to all the data, the regional
Schemes get full access to their own data and can also give Agencies
access to submit referrals and view restricted information about their
referrals.

I am using Auth in it's most basic form without issue which after a
succesful login adds the data from the User model into the session,
but I would also like to add extra information into the session from
other models depending on the users group, such as

Group: Developer (Me)
- Auth.Person
- Auth.Organisation
Group: Administrator (National Charity)
- Auth.Person
- Auth.Organisation
Group: Scheme Manager (Scheme)
- Auth.Person
- Auth.Organisation
- Auth.Scheme
Group: Agency Manager (Agency)
- Auth.Person
- Auth.Organisation
- Auth.Scheme
- Auth.Agency

I assume that I would do this by adding some code somewhere in the
AppController, but where and how would I call it?

I don't think it would go in beforeFilter() as that would try and run
even if a user wasn't authorised, or would I put a call in there that
first checked if the user was logged in and then ran an action which
would add my extra data to the session?

I have looked long and hard at the ACL component, but got nowhere with
it and the amount of ACO records I would need to create and maintain
for this app would me massive.

Thanks,

Paul.