Hi all, I am working on a site which currently has around 12000
members. I am converting it to a cake site, and am using the Auth and
Acl components.

Now that I have imported all the users, an issue I am coming up
against, is that where I am creating or deleting an aro, the page
actually hangs. It performs the task, so when creating, everything
happens as it should, but the page isn't being redirected after it.
The same goes with the delete. As soon as I comment out the aro code,
the redirect works.

The code I am using is below:

*************************
creating a user...

$aro = new Aro();
$aro->create();
$aro->save(array('alias' => $this->data['User']['username'],
'parent_id' => $this->data['User']['user_group_id']));

deleting a user

$aro = new Aro();
$oldAro = $aro->findByAlias($user['User']['username']);
$aro->del($oldAro['Aro']['id']);

the redirect happens immediately after the above code excerpts. Has
anyone come across this before? I can't see what I am doing wrong
here. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Patrick