Hi,
This is just a small thing but I did not find a mention of it in the
manual. I found this out today, after a few years of using Cake :)

I want a form input to have the name Modelname[][fieldname] so that I
can post an array of "fieldname" values. The manual only mentions
creating these "hard coded" as Modelname.0.fieldname => Modelname[0]
[fieldname] and then incrementing the number.

The reason I like the "empty" version is that is makes for a lot
simpler javascript when I want to create these additional fields on
the fly in the GUI and don't know how many I will need at the time of
rendering the form on the server.

Then I tried this (half by accident):

$form->input('Modelname. .fieldname'); // notice the space between the
dots

Voila! The form has the empty space in the field name but Cake creates
the array of values just the way Iike it.