Dear Cake People,

I hope you can assist with this confusing issue.
I am building an application in which several tables contain
advert_start_date and advert_end_date fields. In MySQL they are set as
the DATE type.
The problem I am experiencing is that in the forms for one controller,
the input is 'automagically' created as drop-down selection boxes for
year, month, day. However, in other controllers only a simple text box
is rendered.
I cannot figure out why the forms are produced differently. The field
names are identical, the data types identical. The views have just all
been baked at this stage and contain no specific formatting details.
Are there any other factors which could be affecting the 'automagic'
behaviour?
Thanks in advance,
Ed