I am somewhat of a noob to cakePHP but I am pretty good at PHP
programming. I just started to work on a new project and because of
the scale, I decided to use CakePHP and I am still in the planning
stages. This is my main dilemma, users will need to log in so as to
gain access to the application. Also, when a user logs in, I would
like to use their username and password to authenticate them against
an MS SQL database. This database is structured in such a way that
user only have access to certain tables and views based on their log-
in credentials.

So my question are...

Is there a particular CakePHP User Authentication that is better
suited for this setup? I have been looking at obAuth and YACCA.

Since the number of users will be dynamic, there is no point creating
a static number of DB connections settings in the database.php file.
Is my proposed setup even possible? and if it is how do I go about
implementing it?

B.I.