Hello, I'm using the HABTM model association, with my database
structure as follows:

table: contractors
fields:
Id
name
address
state
zip
fax

table: projects
fields:
id
title
address
state
zip
type
value
size
..etc.

a join table:
contractors_projects
fields:
id
contractor_id
project_id

My question is, how can I insert data in to both "contractors" table
and "projects" table while maintaining the association?

My data is generated automatically, it looks something like this:

array(1) {
  ["Project"]=>
  array(11) {
    ["id"]=>
    NULL
    ["title"]=>
    string(24) "Title of project goes here"
    ["address"]=>
    string(43) " 123 Address here "
    ["state"]=>
    string(2) "NC"
    ["zip"]=>
    "12345"
    ["type"]=>
    string(16) "New"
    ["value"]=>
    string(0) ""
    ["size"]=>
    string(17) "1000"

I then have an array of all the contractors that are associated with
this project:

array(4) {
  [0]=>
  array(8) {
    ["id"]=>
    NULL
    ["name"]=>
    string(36) "Contractor 1"
    ["address"]=>
    string(34) " Address of Contractor 1, "
    ["state"]=>
    string(2) "NC"
    ["zip"]=>
    string(5) "12345"
    ["fax"]=>
    string(10) "1231231234"
  }
  [1]=>
  array(8) {
    ["id"]=>
    NULL
    ["name"]=>
    string(28) "Contractor 2"
    ["address"]=>
    string(34) "Address of Contractor 2 "
    ["state"]=>
    string(2) "NC"
    ["zip"]=>
    string(5) "12345"
    ["fax"]=>
    NULL
  }
  [2]=>
  array(8) {
    ["id"]=>
    NULL
    ["name"]=>
    string(32) "Contractor 3"
    ["address"]=>
    string(43) "Address of Contractor 3 "
    ["state"]=>
    string(2) "NC"
    ["zip"]=>
    string(5) "12345"
    ["fax"]=>
    string(10) "1231231234"

How can I store (and in which order) the data in order to insert a new
project, AND a new contractor, but maintaining the association (that
the contractor belongs to that particular project)?