Yes; Cake supports dynamic models.

If you don't create an actual model file, cake will instantiate an
instance of AppModel with the name and useTable set up to work
properly. This is only useful for basic models though as you can't
specify associations, behaviors, validation or anything specific for
the auto-model.

Its main use is for join tables in HABTM.

hth
grigri