Hi,

i got the following problem using cakePHP 1.2 RC3:

My Model 'Employee' has a attribute called 'birthday' (datatype:
DATE). In the add-view, I have the following code:
<?= $form->input('birthday',array('type'=>'text'));?>
If i left this field blank when adding an employee, this employee has
the birthday '0000-00-00' saved in the database. I would rather like
the birthday having the null-value, because 0000-00-00 is no valid
birthday.

Additionally, if I add a valid birthday, it is saved correctly. When
editing the employee, I would like to get the birthday viewed in the
format dd.mm.yyyy. How can I tell cake to view the birthday like this?

I hope you guys can help me.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Sebastian