Fabio

I may not entirely understand, if so I appoligize.

If you want to know why using Configure::write('debug', 0);  in the /
views/posts/add.ctp for the redirect then I offer my explanation.

Heres your scenario  (as I understand it);

Controller calls flash layout passing it a url,delay and message ->
Flash layout displays. If debug == 0 it will redirect in the time
specified. to the url specified.  ->
the redirect lands on add.ctp where you set debug = 0.

If that is indeed the case than I think you can see the problem.
The code in add.ctp comes into play only AFTER the would be redirect.

You could illustrate this by logging the display of the flash layout
and debug the display of add.ctp.

So I would recommend using Configure::write('debug', 0);  in the
actual controller just before calling flash...

Or you might just do as I did and override the default flash layout
with your own, and remove the whole check for debug. I never
understood why the page is frozen for debug to begin anyhow.