Hello,

Has anyone run any issues with the following command in RC4?

$this->Auth->allow('*');

To my understanding, when this is specified in your app_controller's
beforeFilter, all controllers and actions should be wide open, and
Auth shouldn't redirect to the users/login screen (almost acting as if
Auth isn't even in use). Is this correct?

No matter what I do, when I try going to users/index (or any
controller, for that matter), Auth keeps redirecting me to the users/
login screen (even when I have allow('*') set in both the beforeFilter
of the app_controller).

I've even tried directly allowing the specific controller:action that
I'm trying to access, like $this->Auth->allow('users:index'), but that
doesn't seem to work, either. Just redirects to the users/login
screen.

Any ideas?

Maybe I should go back to CakePHP 1.2 RC2 or something and try the
same code again and see what happens...

Tom Chapin