Very new to cakePHP and of course the first thing I try doesn't follow the
model.

I am trying to create a script which takes a lot of post variables (from
1shoppingcart exactly) and then puts them in the corresponding values in my
database design.

Let's say my database is:
customers
customers_products
products

I haven't figured out exactly how to do the associations but that is not my
hang up right now.

I can't control the name of the fields coming in, but I need for the
save/post to go through the data and put the customer info into the customer
table (always new inserts), then go through the product information (unknown
count) (product1name, product2name, etc) and put them in the product table
(record of source) if they do not exist and then connect the customer to the
products that they ordered.

I am completely stumped on how to even tackle processing form information
that was not generated by cake.

Chad