On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Chad Casselman <ccassel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So does than mean I can't run MySQL commands beyonds selects or just for
> this one example?

I never said you can't do it, just said it would be easier. Consider
that you know everything necessary to do the calculations in PHP,
hence it is easier.

> How do I do run MySQL commands in cakephp,

No idea, I haven't had to do that myself.

> or do I just
> run raw sqls?

I'm sure it is possible, I have no idea how, may want to check the book.

> What is the downfall of running raw SQL?

Well for you, the downfall is you don't know how. Hence why I said it
would be easier to do it in PHP. Didn't say it would be more
efficient, or better practice, etc... just easier.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )