I am new to Cake and have read the Cookbook, tutorials, searched here,
etc. and have a few questions on ACL.

I have created ARO/ACO's as they do in the tutorial and that works
great.I can then get things to work as such:

 $group =& $this->User->Group;
            //Allow admins to everything
            $group->id = 4;    // my admin group id
            $this->Acl->allow($group, 'controllers');

then to check in a controller do
$group =& $this->User->Group;
$group->id = 4;
debug($this->Acl->check($group,'controllers/Pages/display'));

And this works.

I have two questions:
1) I would like to do this without using the id since that could
change. I have tried using $group->name= 'admin'; but that doesn't
work (I have a table group with field name and an entry admin). Is
there a way to not use IDs to reference the groups as they do in the
tutorial?
1) To check the ACL I have debugged the $group object and it is huge.
I am worried about how much memory/resources this is taking up just to
find the page. Is there a shorter/smaller set of things I can pass to
the check that is less memory/resource intensive. Loading the entire
user and group objects into memory everytime you want to check
permissions seems like overkill.

Thank you.
Fred