Question about Sanitization. Am I right in thinking that I need to
process each field in my submitted data and then rebuild the array to
send to my model for saving? That doesnt seem right to me from the
point of view of the framework. I would have thought that I could
simply pass it my data array or a string and it would return the
correct structure sanitized.

Unless I am completely doing it wrong of course.

                        $san = new Sanitize();

                        $this->data = $san->escape($this->data);

That cause all sorts of pretty errors because I am assuming escape
expects a single string.

In this case I will have to write a function that accepts and then
returns my data array. No big deal, just as I said I am surprised that
CakePHP does not do this.