I'm working on a project where a I have to display financial data. For
instance, a table for stock trades might have 30 columns of data. So
the client says, "Wow, that sorting feature works great, (Thanks Cake)
but can we put a little arrow as an indicator as to which field is
being sorted and what direction?". "No problem" I said. So I checked
out the docs, and then the google group. The only thing that came
close was this post:

http://groups.google.com/group/cake-php/browse_thread/thread/fb8b10a1e0733cd2/eb7e8137beaa5961?lnk=gst&q=paginator+sort#eb7e8137beaa5961

So is that the only option? A giant switch statement?