Graham, thanks for your answer. The RemotingController class is loaded
fine with:

App::import('Controller', 'Remoting');

but components don't get initialized, it throws the same error. I also
tried adding after the App::import():

ClassRegistry::init('RemotingController');

But didn't initialized components.

Cheers.