The simplest solution is to copy the code from the add method of the
controller to the index method.

Not looked at the blog code for quite a while, but it would go
something like this:

function index() {

  if ($this->data) {
    // add form submitted
    $this->Model->create();

    if ($this->Model->save($this->data)) {
        // data saved
    }
    else {
        // data failed to save
    }

    // rest of index code
    $this->set("data", $this->Model->find("all"));

}