> I am going to add remember me and activate account features to my
> login system. Why is it not built in CakePHP? Are remember me and
> activate account not common enough? What is automated and what is not?
> Why?

Perhaps it is not common enough, only in the last app I've built there
was a requirement of activating accounts and I've never needed
"remember me" feature... Anyway they are easy to build with cake.

Remember me tutorial:

http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard/2007/09/11/a-hopefully-useful-tutorial-for-using-cakephps-auth-component/

And for activating accounts, I'm using a similar approach to this one:

http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/view/ticket-component-resetting-user-passwords

Regards,
- Dardo.